POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Concerning fresnel lenses : Concerning fresnel lenses Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Concerning fresnel lenses
From: Killroy Quartermaine
Date: 11 Jul 2008 01:05:00
Message: <web.4876e95722efee734cdc498c0@news.povray.org>
So I was thinking about modelling a fresnel lens using CSG, and I have two
questions.

1. Is there any reason why a fresnel lens wouldn't actually work in POVRay?

2. Because of the way they're built, what I need is torii, except instead of
round, I need them to be diamond-shaped. like, uh, for the second value of
"round". Is there any way to do this without going beyond the realm of
primitives? I'm not comfortable enough with light and finishes and whatnot to
get into making any kind of complex base shapes yet.