POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : A few questions : Re: A few questions Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A few questions
From: Andreas
Date: 10 Jul 2008 19:15:00
Message: <web.487696d4bb347ca5cff607c40@news.povray.org>
"Mike the Elder" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Andreas" <jak### [at] abofi> wrote:
> > As for the whip, it seems like the sphere_sweep method is quite complicated, and
> > I do not have enough math skills to actually implement something like that, at
> > least not for a coiled whip.
> > Am I correct in assuming that I can use POV-Ray textures for the 3D mesh, and
> > still get the UV mapping to work seamlessly?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > Andreas
>
> I've taken a shot at the whip and will shortly post the image and source files
> in their respective binary topics. I hope it helps.
>
> Best Regards,
> Mike C.

I've gotta say, that looks very good! To use icosahedrons to simulate the braids
is something I never would have thought possible. I'll experiment with the code
and see if I can get a more realistic texture and so on.
Thank you very much for your help! That goes for everyone of course :) Hopefully
I can now get a decent-looking scene together with everything I've learned here.