POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Request: collapsible code blocks : Re: Request: collapsible code blocks Server Time
29 Apr 2024 04:07:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: collapsible code blocks
From: Reactor
Date: 10 Jul 2008 12:45:01
Message: <web.48763b98a7b34a59840c749b0@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > I was considering the possibility of adding a collapsible code block feature to
> > POV, but came to the conclusion that the SDL is too irregular or "loose" for
> > this to work. Has this been considered before? What was the conclusion that was
> > come to?
> >
> > Here's an example of what I mean, from Notepad++:
> >
> > http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=npplusuy1.jpg
> >
> > -Mike
>
> Maybe the ability to *manually* set collapse points, similar to setting
> bookmarks, would be a suitable arrangement.
>
> -Mike

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by loose or irregular?  Most blocks of SDL
are surrounded by curly braces, and in theory, one could have a collapse
threshold, where any block surrounded by curly braces that has more lines than
the threshold could be collapsible (allowing nested collapsing, etc).  The user
selecting many lines and selecting a hide or collapse menu option could also
work.  This might be a more platform specific thing, though.

-Reactor