POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : combining partial images : Re: combining partial images Server Time
1 Jun 2024 16:17:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: combining partial images
From: stevenvh
Date: 8 Jul 2008 13:45:01
Message: <web.4873a6cf7ec83d1bc0721a1d0@news.povray.org>
I see GIMP allows you to select areas numerically. Great. So now I can select
the partial image, and paste it in Photoshop. I still want to do this in
Photoshop because of its magnetic placement feature. I don't know if GIMP has
this too.

Anyway, when I select an area in my GIMP image, and switch to Photoshop, I get
an error "could not import the clipboard because an unexpected end-of-file was
encountered". This also happens with non-(povray-partial-images). Is this a
GIMP bug?

I'm still not comfortable about the way POV-Ray writes these partial images. If
it corrupts a file by adding information which doesn't agree with the file
format it should at least itself be able to glue the partial files together.
Otherwise it should write the according to the chosen format, IMO.