POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Toroidal warp : Re: Toroidal warp Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Toroidal warp
From: SharkD
Date: 6 Jul 2008 00:10:01
Message: <web.48704526a2e11e9c1a157cba0@news.povray.org>
I'm having a separate problem now with the same warp. This problem applies to a
regular toruse, not the "lemon" I was having problems with earlier. I can't
figure out how to put the seam of the texture at the outside (farthest from the
origin) of the torus as opposed to the inside (closest to the origin). Even if I
reverse the orientation the seam is still on the inside.

Here's an example:

 #local Orient_Direct = 1; // 0 or 1
 #local Torus_Radius = 64;
 texture
 {
  pigment
  {
   image_map {png "GSprites_Tech_Texture_Test.png"}
   translate x/2
   #if (Orient_Direct = 1)
    translate y*0.7
   #else