POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Primitive finite objects turn into infinite over a certain size - bug? : Primitive finite objects turn into infinite over a certain size - bug? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:31:38 EDT (-0400)
  Primitive finite objects turn into infinite over a certain size - bug?
From: helge h
Date: 4 Jul 2008 19:50:01
Message: <web.486eb68c12970251c5bb7070@news.povray.org>
I have noticed a strange thing; a primitive object (I've only tested box, sphere
and cylinder) becomes an infinite object (in the Scene Statistics in the message
window) if it's over a certain size. For boxes it's 2715 units on a side, for
spheres it's the same number for the diameter and for a cylinder it's the same
for the diameter, but 2716 units for the height. When these objects are over
this size, the rendering time increases by a factor of about 4 to 8. I do not
have time to investigate further; does anyone know about this? (Didn't find
anything in the docs or by searching the POV site.) I have a 400 MHz G4 Mac,
Mac OS 10.3.9.

--
Scene Statistics
  Finite objects:            0