POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Stargate flyby : Re: Stargate flyby Server Time
1 Jun 2024 13:33:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stargate flyby
From: Mike Sobers
Date: 1 Jul 2008 22:25:01
Message: <web.486ae6764f1eba0eedae2cc0@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:

> Nise, if dark. In the show, the ring never turns after the gate have been
> opened, it only turn while dialing.
>
> --
> Alain
> As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error.

Yes, you are right.  I didn't think about it, but animating both the ring
rotation and water at the same time wouldn't be right.  I still need to animate
the chevrons to do a proper sequence (and the gate opening is still a tough one
but I have some ideas that involve scaling a mesh that has an animated uv
texture imagemapped onto it).

Thanks for the tip.

Mike