POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Stargate Glyphs : Re: Stargate Glyphs Server Time
5 Jul 2024 16:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stargate Glyphs
From: Mike Sobers
Date: 1 Jul 2008 19:40:01
Message: <web.486abf8a4d571f95eedae2cc0@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> I also noticed that the two sets of glyphs differ slightly in their outlines
> I don't know which is most authentic or even whether there's any consistency
> in the TV shows and films.
>
> Regards,
> Chris B.

I'm not sure which glyphs are more accurate.  Mine were made from a font I found
online.  I used POVRay to animate through them using an ortho camera to make the
images for the heightfields.  The prisms definately render faster.  Maybe I'll
make a mesh of the decorations around the edges instead of copying the
heightfield 360 times ...

Mike

Thanks for the introduction to Inkscape for the bezier curve tools- that will
come in handy.  I've been wondering the best way to convert some images to
vector graphics for some T-shirt artwork, but I think I have the solution.