POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : mean : Re: mean Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:12:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mean
From: bluetree
Date: 30 Jun 2008 08:30:00
Message: <web.4868d0b99e3373f36d242240@news.povray.org>
"Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
> And lo on Sun, 29 Jun 2008 19:30:48 +0100, bluetree <nomail@nomail> did
> spake, saying:
>
> > Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> >>
> >>   Nope. I'll consider them the next time I'm at the online store...
> >
> > If you like a good mix of puzzles, 3rd person "hacking" ^^ and good
> > storyline, you won't regret it. (Especially the parts (Soulreaver I/II)
> > with Raziel have many puzzles, on the other hand, you get more
> > information of the whole story, when the game is focussing on Kain
> > (Bloodomen I/II), IMO.)
>
> I still play SoulReaver. A nice mix of puzzles; a huge contiguous play
> area with integral shortcuts; lots of deviously hidden secrets that will
> help you play, but aren't necessary to collect; and an excellent
> story-line and plot. In ranking terms I put it on the same plinth as Deus
> Ex, System Shock and Baldur's Gate.
>
> SoulReaver 2 was more of a let-down for me, too linear and a more obvious
> 'get this ability to open this door' vibe then its predecessor; still had
> a good story though.
>
> I enjoyed Blood Omen 1, and 2 was fun if disjointed
>
> Defiance was a bit of a mixed bag for me, but it was enjoyable how the
> different timelines of the two characters linked up play-wise.
>
> --
> Phil Cook
>
> --
> I once tried to be apathetic, but I just couldn't be bothered
> http://flipc.blogspot.com

That's true.
I also like SoulReaver 1 more than 2 and it's the same with playing-atmosphere
of Blood Omen.
To be able to play both characters in Defiance helped a lot against boredom,
because you could develop "different" skills at Raziel and Kain. Changing times
and seeing the places intact and in ruins was very fascinating.
I only get confused, when I tried to understand the whole story of the series.
Because of time travels and paradoxes, which makes all things too complicated.
^^
But I'm a big fan of it. It's really a pity, that it ends with Janos Audron
falling into the abyss. (What's with Raziel? :-) I started to play with
SoulReaver 1, the reason to buy it, was that its cover was glittering and
changing perspective (both worlds). After that game I began to love the series
and bought the other games.)
One thing would be great: A remake of SoulReaver 1 and BloodOmen 1 with nowadays
games graphics. *dreamlike*

bluetree