POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : mean : Re: mean Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mean
From: bluetree
Date: 29 Jun 2008 17:05:01
Message: <web.4867f7bf9e3373f33a8d79f50@news.povray.org>
> bluetree wrote:
> > Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:
> >> I think what keeps them interesting for me is the story line. Sure,
> >> playing the whole thing thru on God mode makes it much less interesting,
> >> but if it's too hard[1], I don't feel I miss anything by God-ing over
> >> some areas.
> >
> > Aren't FPS more interesting, when played online pvp?
>
> My experience is that I never found an online forum where I could
> compete at all. Plus, the best way to win was to do extremely silly
> stuff, like bunny-hopping All The F'ing Time so nobody can line up a
> shot on them. Even stuff like Black and White multiplayer I got my butt
> kicked. Probably because I don't really have time to play more than an
> hour or two a week usually.
>
> When I played PvP on the network at work against the coworkers, that was
> fun, yes. But my experience is that PvP also lacks any sort of story.
>
> I thought the online Myst game Uru might be fun, since it was more
> multi-player puzzles than multi-player killing, but it apparently never
> came to fruition.
>
> --
> Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
>   Helpful housekeeping hints:
>    Check your feather pillows for holes
>     before putting them in the washing machine.

Hm, that's true. And the worst thing is: When you stop rushing to watch the
beautiful modelled landscape around you, also your team members want to kill
you after some time... :-)
There I like TES, playing one game as months went by, I just wandered to every
place only to collect herbs and enjoy the environments. It's relaxing, believe
me! ^^

bluetree