POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray /and/ debian (ETCH) : povray /and/ debian (ETCH) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  povray /and/ debian (ETCH)
From: stu
Date: 23 Jun 2008 16:50:00
Message: <web.48600ba48fcf2898ea28d7f0@news.povray.org>
I've been using povray for many years, through lots of distributions...
and now, having finally downloaded debian ETCH, I find there is
no povray on the CDs.  It was on the old SuSE, and openSuSE, but
not on debian-ETCH.

Hmmm.  Even though Pov-Ray is totally free, debian considers it
"non-free", and, as I said, it is nowhere on the full CD set I
downloaded.

S-oooo... what Im wondering really is if any other debian/etch
povray users may know of an unofficial CD including the non-free
programs for ETCH, with povray of course ?

thanks to anyone who may know