POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 26 is a no go : Re: Beta 26 is a no go Server Time
2 May 2024 14:01:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 26 is a no go
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 22 Jun 2008 08:40:00
Message: <web.485e47092254373ebd1b3ad10@news.povray.org>
> I'll have a WIP release out shortly that ought to assist in these issues.
>
> -- Chris

Chris, why did you choose to move the Windows version away from the INI format
(i.e., in favor of one of Microsoft's worst ideas ever: the Windows Registry)?

Maybe I'm just old-school, but I personally find it much better to have
everything packaged up in config files local to an app, rather than stuffed
into a clusterf_ck of hive keys...

-Rob

"There is no spoon."