POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Starfield appears random? : Re: Starfield appears random? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:32:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Starfield appears random?
From: Roman Reiner
Date: 18 Jun 2008 15:15:00
Message: <web.48595d15ee34b043265dec890@news.povray.org>
Or: Render the background with a spherical camera and use the rendered image as
a background (with sky_sphere) for the actual animation.

Depending on the resolution of your final animation and the camera angle you're
using the background image should be rendered with a width of approx
2*final_image_width*360/horizontal_viewing_angle in order to prevent both
blurry appearance (resolution too low) and flickering (resolution to high).

Hope that helps!

Regards Roman