POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Write my own review - WTF?!? : Re: Write my own review - WTF?!? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Write my own review - WTF?!?
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 12 Jun 2008 20:30:00
Message: <web.4851befd864a2d87bd1b3ad10@news.povray.org>
> Would I be wrong in telling him to shove it?  I'm becoming quite pissed about this
whole situation.

I suppose that depends on how much money you make and if you could find
comparable employment somewhere else before your savings run out, LOL...

Seriously, it's pretty common where I work for midlevel managers and above to
complete self-evaluations that are then reviewed and (sometimes) modified by
their bosses.

Since I actually wrote the web-based evaluation tool that all
managers, directors, VPs, etc use to write the final appraisals for their
employees, I end up seeing quite a lot of them while I work with HR to make
sure everything goes smoothly.

Not having a a review in 7 years though, that's BS. How can they possibly gauge
your raises each year? You can't do a merit increase without rating someone's
merit!

-Rob

"There is no spoon."