POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to make gears ? : How to make gears ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  How to make gears ?
From: Xanthra
Date: 11 Jun 2008 22:10:00
Message: <web.48508434de202a8064dcb43c0@news.povray.org>
I've been struggling with this for a while and not having any luck.
Google shows that there used to be some includes and macros in the links pages
that could generate gears, but they all seem to be long gone.

Would anyone here be able to share how one might make realistic looking gears
with
POV-Ray ?  I've read up on hobbing and involute geometry, but I can't figure out
how to translate that into SDL : (

Thanks,
-X