POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Tilt/Shift lens : Re: Tilt/Shift lens Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tilt/Shift lens
From: alex
Date: 27 May 2008 11:05:03
Message: <web.483c22faa19f761b2d5f88720@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> alex nous illumina en ce 2008-05-27 06:18 -->
> > Hi all,
> > is it possible to simulate a tilt/shift lens in POV-Ray?
> > I'm after the non-parallel plane-of-focus effect.
> >
> > I browsed around in the docs, but I couldn't find anything related to.
> >

> You can use non-perpendicular direction, right and sky vectors.
>
> --
> Alain
> You know you've been raytracing too long when you're starting to find these
> quotes more unsettling than funny.
>      -- Alex McLeod a.k.a. Giant Robot Messiah

I don't think so...

I tried to modify focalblur.pov from the examples:
I removed the angle keyword and I added a direction vector, but whatever the
direction vector is, the rendering is the same as if the direction vector is
not specified (as long as the vector is normalized).

Could it be that the focal blur ignores the director vector's direction?