POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : "cannot open output file." : "cannot open output file." Server Time
17 May 2024 05:09:05 EDT (-0400)
  "cannot open output file."
From: Blayd
Date: 22 May 2008 17:45:01
Message: <web.4835e84b3664d52df51b2e730@news.povray.org>
Hello all,
Not a new user, but its been quite awhile and still a very noob learner.
I just installed POV for windows 64, opened it and tried to run the first
opening scenes just to see the differences in this new system as compared to my
older one. I got a Parse error message saying, " Cannot open output file" I
looked at the messages tab and it reads " Cannot open output file C:\Program
Files\Povray For Windows v3.6\Renderer\Rerun\Current.ini to write rerun
information." I looked in the rerun folder and theres no "current.ini" Should
there be? Is this the problem? System is Vista 64 Home Premium SP1.
Thanks in advance for any help and glad to be back!