POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Feature Request: Multiple scenes in one POV-file : Re: Feature Request: Multiple scenes in one POV-file Server Time
5 May 2024 10:50:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature Request: Multiple scenes in one POV-file
From: Allen
Date: 22 May 2008 13:45:00
Message: <web.4835b0ce710383a8cd46d2150@news.povray.org>
"Zeger Knaepen" <zeg### [at] povplacecom> wrote
> It should also be possible to use one scene as image_map in another scene,
> but now I think of it, maybe that's *all* you should be able to do.
> Layering of scene could then be done this way:

MegaPOV has something like that already, a special 'camera_view' pigment type
that can use a camera for a pigment.  I'd love to see camera_view in the
official POV-Ray.  Without it you have to render the scene twice, once for to
create the image to put on the pigment from one camera location, then again to
render the scene that contains the first.