POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rock faces : Re: Rock faces Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:14:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rock faces
From: Nimish Ajmani
Date: 20 May 2008 21:40:01
Message: <web.48337d049c3d34efa05240db0@news.povray.org>
"Aarqon" <aar### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I'm trying to do a sort of recreation of the Zipaquira Salt Cathedral, but I'm
> having trouble making the rock faces look like rocks. I need something that
> will produce a hewn stone shape, something smooth but irregular. With the
> shapes I used, I can't seem to attach said properties.
>
> Would heightfields work?
> Anything else?

I would suggest a bozo pigment of varying greys scaled down really small.  If
this doesn't work quite well, then I would suggest trying to add a bozo normal
that is too scalled small.

try this:

texture
       {
       pigment{ bozo color_map{[0 rgb 0.6][0.3 rgb 0.4][0.7 rgb 0.7][1 rgb 0.6]}
scale 0.01}
       normal{bozo 0.1 scale 0.01}
       }