POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Standard National Stupidity : Re: Standard National Stupidity Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:26:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Standard National Stupidity
From: alphaQuad
Date: 20 May 2008 17:30:01
Message: <web.483341f2d5557afdf0ad1f150@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> alphaQuad <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> > SNS is what makes propaganda and [poisonous drug commercials passed off as
> > medicine] WORK.
>
>   It's also what makes conspiracy theories work.
>
>   How many people believe a claim like "the government has not told us
> the truth about <some subject>" simply because someone says so? That's
> what I call stupidity.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

Agreed that would be more than stupid, just cause someone says so, my point
exactly. As for the "conspiracy", I would only expect the (overwhelming)
evidence of profit motive to be weighed in an unbiased approach.

If its "MY government" there seems an automatic bias to trust without question.
The evidence speaks for itself.

Honestly I expected more childish responses. Congratulations and thanks for the
intelligence.

Peace,
aQ