POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : some questions : Re: some questions Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: some questions
From: Kenneth
Date: 20 May 2008 13:35:00
Message: <web.48330b4af7bf7fa778dcad930@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> E.T. wrote:

> > yes i understand - and thanks for the reply - but is it not worth the
> > effort ? the speed-up seems to be huge.
>
> I think by the time you're done modifying POV-Ray to use GPUs, there will be
> 80-core CPUs :)

....or we'll all have brain cyber-implants that will take what our eyes see, turn
it into POV-Ray code, and instantly "render" a hyper-realistic version of the
world--because *reality* won't be real-enough for us by then!  heh heh

But seriously:  It has taken *however-many-years* to get POV into its present
(and still imperfect) state; the effort required to make such a change would
probably be better-spent elsewhere.

Ken W.