POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV to Indigo Using File IO : Re: POV to Indigo Using File IO Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV to Indigo Using File IO
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 7 May 2008 07:10:00
Message: <web.48218d2f759ee343f5e89fed0@news.povray.org>
Charles C <"nospam a nospam.com"> wrote:

> Keep in mind you're somewhat limited by the fact that the "I" in "IO"
> requires comma-separated values.
> Charles

Yeah, it was just a random thought until I started looking at the code and saw
the challenges. The best that could happen, short of a .NET application or
something, would be a set of macros, one for each object type, that would allow
you to set parameters, render to POV and then #write the XML as string data to a
file. Probably more trouble than it's worth at this point.

I don't have time to look up the #write syntax and haven't used it in like five
years, so don't laugh, but here is the conceptual part:

#macro Sphere (Location, Radius Texture)

sphere {Location,Radius,
texture {Texture}}

#write filename
"<sphere>
<material_name>"Texture"</material_name>
<center>" Location "</center>
<radius>" Radius "</radius>
</sphere>"
#end