POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Which $200 - $300 computer monitor ??? : Re: Which $200 - $300 computer monitor ??? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Which $200 - $300 computer monitor ???
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 5 May 2008 09:15:00
Message: <web.481f07cde8a488b25a8888d90@news.povray.org>
Shay <sha### [at] nonenone> wrote:
> Don't know much about them, but I need a cheap one. Any recommendation
> or specific thing for which I should look?
>
> LCD
>
>   -Shay

I just bought the one below for $234.99 (USD) and am quite
happy with it. The ViewSonic that I had before this (an
older CRT style) lasted for eight years before I gave it
away and it still worked like new.

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=1294512

There is also a version with speakers for 40 bucks more.
Although not up to audiophile standards, the speakers can
be honestly ranked as "pretty good" by normal built-in
standards. (No trouble understanding the spoken word, no
huge gaps in dynamic range, etc.)

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=1090312

As for CDW as a supplier, I use them at work because they
are quick and convenient and their prices are a bit below
average (although hardly "deep discount").  In other words,
they're "OK", but don't hesitate to shop around.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Mike C.