POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The BTFH : Re: The BTFH Server Time
19 May 2024 07:05:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The BTFH
From: Janet
Date: 29 Apr 2008 23:45:01
Message: <web.4817ea4d377d17ca4d05cab0@news.povray.org>
"B. Gimeno" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi:
> Shortly I will update the page with a small improvement in the code of the macro
> (threre's a small error in the randomness parameter) and new versions for
> "mapping" cylinders, cones, spheres and planes.
>
> Somebody knows of any other tileable surfaces?
> (no boxes, no rectangles, no one with sharped edges, please)
>
> Also I am open to include new designs in the list of patterns.
> Hey, the code is opened and I would like to see some image done with this macro.
> Thank you very much in advance by its patience, commentaries and corrections.
> Translated of the Castilian to the English by means of www.ajaxtrans.com
>
> B. Gimeno

I am trying it out. I am really attracted to this becasue of all the pattern
options you already have. :) I will try to post a picture soon. My initial
feeling was that it would be great to have other texture options besides just
the rgb values.
I managed to accomplish this as follows:
In TBTFH.inc I changed:
//#local cylinder_txt = texture {pigment { rgb array_id_pgmnt[0] }
//                               finish {reflection 0.25 phong .6}}
#local cylinder_txt = texture {array_id_pgmnt[0]}

And in #macro PATCH_3 and #macro PATCH_3_wo_array I did this:

//         texture {
//                pigment {rgb array_id_pgmnt[array_pigment_id]}
//                finish {reflection 0.15
//                        phong 0
//                        diffuse .5
//                       }
//             }
           texture {array_id_pgmnt[array_pigment_id]}

Then I set my array, just to test:
// Pigment Array
#declare PArray = array[5]
#declare PArray[0] =
 texture {T_Gold_2C}
#declare PArray[1] =
 texture {T_Silver_3C}
#declare PArray[2] =
 texture {T_Copper_3C}
#declare PArray[3] =
 texture {T_Gold_3C}
#declare PArray[4] =
 texture {T_Gold_3C}

I can't figure out how big the array really needs to be. 3 might be enough?

Janet