POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Irony : Re: Irony Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:16:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Irony
From: bluetree
Date: 24 Apr 2008 05:10:01
Message: <web.48104d6d2ce07d282da9611e0@news.povray.org>
> Somebody sent me a text message that ended with "this message is not
> available in arabic, [...] or any other **** immigrant tongue!"
>
> I just found it interesting that "immigrant" is basically a Latin word,
> brought to us from Italy when the Romans invaded Britan. And "tongue" is
> from an old German language, from when they invided Britan.
>
> In fact, you know what? Basically "our" entire language was created by
> these hated "immigrants". So next time you curse them, just remember
> that the words you're using to do it with are words THEY INVENTED!
>
> Irony, much?
>
> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*

It's a funny separation of "immigrants" and "natives".
Especially when we take a look at human DNA.
Have you known, that all humans have one single RNA-strand, which marks them as
relatives?
Scientists are able to understand the early migrations of human populations from
Africa to the North because of this molecular biological fact. ;)
A question I couldn't answer myself: If we all spring from a single tribe of a
few homo sapiens, why do we have such a great gene pool? Wouldn't it be the
same as with clones, that there will be one time, when all humans have similar
genes and cannot reproduce?
Or that humans get a lots of diseases, because they lack of beautiful mutations
or "new blood"?

Regards
bluetree