POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : object with 2 different ior (doublet of lens) : object with 2 different ior (doublet of lens) Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:53:52 EDT (-0400)
  object with 2 different ior (doublet of lens)
Date: 23 Apr 2008 15:25:01
Message: <web.480f8bebca4ee21bdcf53ead0@news.povray.org>
Hi
I'm looking to simulate a doublet of lens. I have a problem with photons when I
take the two lens separately. Photons are stopped in the interface.
For now, I'm trying to construct my doublet in one object but I don't know if
it's the best way.

For exemple, this is my lens

#declare lentille = merge
{
 intersection
 {
  cylinder{<0,0,16>,<0,0,1>,25.4}
  sphere{<0,0,15-83.2>,83.2}
  sphere{<0,0,71.1+3>,71.1}
  hollow
  pigment {Clear } interior { ior n1}
  photons {target reflection off refraction on collect off}
 }
 intersection
 {
  sphere{<0,0,247.7>, 247.7}
  cylinder{<0,0,7.7>,<0,0,-1>,25.4}
  hollow
  pigment {Clear } interior { ior n11}
  photons {target reflection off refraction on collect off}
 }
}

In this way, are my ior conserved in each part?
Does there another solution?

Thank you

Sylvain