POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : povray and 3D graphs : Re: povray and 3D graphs Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray and 3D graphs
From: Karl Anders
Date: 17 Apr 2008 11:20:03
Message: <web.480769fdc9f0a145ebd2120f0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>   Either swap the contents of the y and z components of the vectors,
> <snip>
> or alternatively add a "rotate -x*90" at the very end of the 'union' block.

Oops, an unexpected glitch from the master :-)
The last one won't exchange z and y, not generally. Since I'm a
righthanded-z_is_up-guy too, I usually use the matrix stuff to exchange y and z
for models made by other people:

#include "transforms.inc"
#declare Swap_yz_trans = transform{ Shear_Trans(x, z, y) };

#declare RightHandedObject = object{
   LeftHandedObject transform Swap_yz_trans };

hope that helps

Greetings
Karl