POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Textured faces : Re: Textured faces Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:30:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Textured faces
From: Tom York
Date: 15 Apr 2008 18:15:01
Message: <web.480527f99d96b7d37d55e4a40@news.povray.org>
"Hegh" <cel### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Also, sometimes I find that the renderer completely hangs if I turn up the blur
> samples (originally it was at 40), I think it has to do with some CSG that I
> was playing with (try removing a chunk of the box from the bottom face).

It may be multiple self-reflection caused by the strongly perturbed normals
(can't remember who first pointed this effect out on the groups,
unfortunately).

Try adding the no_reflection keyword to your box (if your environment is not
intended to be reflective). The box will still reflect the environment but rays
that would otherwise be reflected into another part of the box surface by the
funky normals will not spawn further reflection tracing.

This may speed things up depending on how many rays in your scene suffered this
ghastly fate.

Tom