POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Textured faces : Textured faces Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:32:50 EDT (-0400)
  Textured faces
From: Hegh
Date: 15 Apr 2008 17:30:01
Message: <web.48051d0cb0e93c71d323b92e0@news.povray.org>
I applied a brushed aluminum texture created with the help of
http://tag.povray.org/povQandT/languageQandT.html#blurredreflection to a box.
It looks quite nice on the front face, but if I look at any other face of the
box, the texture is all wonky. Are there any tricks for using a texture that
depends on a stretched axis on multiple faces?

Also, sometimes I find that the renderer completely hangs if I turn up the blur
samples (originally it was at 40), I think it has to do with some CSG that I
was playing with (try removing a chunk of the box from the bottom face).

Here is the entire file:

#include "colors.inc"
#include "metals.inc"

camera {
 location <0, 3, -10>
 look_at 0
}

light_source {
 <6, 9, -8>, White
}

#declare BlurAmount = .2;
#declare BlurSamples = 1;

#declare T_BrushedAluminum = texture {
 average texture_map {
  #declare Ind = 0;
  #declare S = seed(0);
  #while (Ind < BlurSamples)
   [0.0 T_Silver_3D
    normal {
     bumps BlurAmount
     translate <rand(S), rand(S), rand(S)> * 100
     scale <2.5, 0.1, 0.1>
    }
   ]
   [0.05 T_Silver_3D
     normal {
     bumps BlurAmount
     translate <rand(S), rand(S), rand(S)> * 100
     scale <2.5, 0.1, 0.1>
    }
   ]
   [0.05 T_Chrome_1C
    normal {
     bumps BlurAmount
     translate <rand(S), rand(S), rand(S)> * 100
     scale <2.5, 0.1, 0.1>
      }
   ]
   [1.0 T_Chrome_1C
    normal {
     bumps BlurAmount
     translate <rand(S), rand(S), rand(S)> * 100
     scale <2.5, 0.1, 0.1>
      }
   ]

   #declare Ind = Ind + 1;
  #end
 }
}

// Set up an empty room, just so we have something to reflect
// Floor
plane {
 y, -5
 pigment { checker White Black }