POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : output filenames : output filenames Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  output filenames
From: stevenvh
Date: 15 Apr 2008 15:40:00
Message: <web.480504105a5014cb5245d3740@news.povray.org>
I want to create a number of variants of a scene, where each variant is defined
by a number. No problem so far; I can run an animation loop and use the clock
variable as an index to a lookup table. But I also want to use the numbers in
the output filenames. So when I have

#declare VariantIDs = array[5] { 13, 21, 34, 55, 89 }

I would like to name the output files

scene_13.png
scene_21.png
scene_34.png
scene_55.png
scene_89.png

Is this possible? In the documentation I only find the automatic numbering, like

scene_01.png
scene_02.png
scene_03.png
scene_04.png