POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : "mirror image" of image_map used in HF function : Re: "mirror image" of image_map used in HF function Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:05:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "mirror image" of image_map used in HF function
From: Kenneth
Date: 15 Apr 2008 14:10:00
Message: <web.4804ef1a4a8bd78778dcad930@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> BTW, another odd thing here is that you can't use the ONCE keyword in the HF
> function's image_map; no detail shows up at all, just a blank, flat HF.

I'm wrong about that; it CAN be used and does work. (I must have been looking at
a different test image; sorry for the misinformation.) The only minor glitch is
that the smooth area of the resulting HF not covered by the image_map is
automatically at full height--not at y=0--as if that part of the HF function
were *pure white.*

> I don't remember that happening with a normal HF.

Hmm. That's because ONCE(and INTERPOLATE and MAP_TYPE) can't be used in a
regular height_field. Forgot about that. Wheras they CAN be used in a HF
function.

KW