POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : difference, plane : Re: difference, plane Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:32:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: difference, plane
From: stevenvh
Date: 12 Apr 2008 15:45:00
Message: <web.480110733b1714c75245d3740@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> stevenvh <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> >     plane { -y -0.8 }
>
>   -y -0.8 = <0, -1, 0> - <0.8, 0.8, 0.8> = <-0.8, -1.8, -0.8>
>
>   Expressions are evaluated first, after that the optional commas.
> In this case the comma is not all that optional because without it
> the expression takes precedence.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

Thanks Warp & Jan.
My problem is with the "optional". I'm used to work with programming languages,
and parameter separators are mandatory in every language I know. I wish they
were in POV-Ray too.
(You may argument that I'm free to write the commas, but you know how it goes:
you learn POV-Ray by reading existing code...)