POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 64 or 32.. what to do, what to do? : Re: 64 or 32.. what to do, what to do? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 64 or 32.. what to do, what to do?
From: Peter Hertel
Date: 28 Mar 2008 15:10:00
Message: <web.47ed4fcaba444f305116a38d0@news.povray.org>
Arttu Voutilainen <bli### [at] removethiszbxtnetinvalid> wrote:
> Also IIRC you should be able to get Windows support linux's filesystems
> (at least ext3 or 2, or both), but I never managed to get that working.
> The drivers just crashed for me every time I tried.. According to Eero
> it should be possible, though.

I've done this successfully by using the driver from http://www.fs-driver.org/
It only supports ext2, but since ext3 is backwards compatible with ext2 it
doesn't wreak much havoc. If you do changes though, the ext3 journal (?) must
be built up when you boot into linux again.. So it will take a little time for
a large drive.
Also I had some minor problems with some ISO stuff about non-english characters.

But, all in all, a great tool if you are dualbooting.

Tried XP 64-bit a few years back, but the drivers were not that good at the
time. 64-bit Linux is great though, it might be my imagination, but it feels
quite a bit faster.

-Peter