POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Black spots in media : Re: Black spots in media Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black spots in media
From: Kenneth
Date: 27 Mar 2008 22:40:00
Message: <web.47ec664531f322e978dcad930@news.povray.org>
Maxime Marrow <max### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Alain wrote:

> > You may need to add "all_intersections" to your isosurface. Without
> > that, you will miss most surfaces after the first one encountered.
>
> Doesn’t this apply only to isosurfaces which are used in CSG operations?

I agree with your reasoning, and the documentation seems to indicate so as well.
Yet, it does work.  (And IMO, decreasing the isosurface accuracy value makes the
spots worse, not better.) There *might* be a bug involved. Here's a post you
should take a look at, involving the issue of media and isosurfaces. Several of
us out here have been trying to figure out what might be going on. It's a long
post, but read it all the way to the end.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.47dd7cf19ebc6382a5d4a01d0%40news.povray.org%3E/

Ken W.