POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 64 or 32.. what to do, what to do? : Re: 64 or 32.. what to do, what to do? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:25:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 64 or 32.. what to do, what to do?
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 27 Mar 2008 13:45:00
Message: <web.47ebea1fba444f305a8888d90@news.povray.org>
William Tracy <wtr### [at] calpolyedu> wrote:
> Mike the Elder wrote:
> > I can
> > later, if I choose, have the system converted to a dual boot system with the
> > option of starting in 32 or 64 for approximately an additional $200.00 USD.
>
> Let me throw out another idea for you to consider: Make the 64-bit OS Linux.

Actually, I like the idea. I've wanted to learn more about Linux for a while
now.
Can the Linux 64 and XP-Pro 32 live happily on the same machine? (I can't afford
a second machine right now.) ... a second partition? ... a second hard drive?

(As much as I would be "proud to be Micro$oft free", I'm in the middle of too
many Windows based projects to do a cold turkey switch.)

Thanks,
Mike C.