POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tent object : Re: Tent object Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tent object
From: Cerambycideh
Date: 25 Mar 2008 22:25:01
Message: <web.47e9c153496570ec8ace12d10@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:

> I've posted a scene file and the corresponding 'design' file on
> povray.binaries.scene-files.
> The 'design' file contains the pattern embossed on the different surfaces.
> You could simplify this down to a single colour if you want. If you want a
> different pattern on each of the 3 polyhedrons you can use 3 copies of the
> file and include the appropriate file before each 'Labeller' call. You can
> apply a different normal to each of the 3 objects too. To get waves that
> dampen with height you may want to define a normal_map for the sides of the
> tent.
>
> To use this object in a scene you're likely to have to scale it up a fair
> bit. At the moment the object goes from y=0 to y=0.023, with a base centred
> at the origin. I'd guess you'll probably have to scale it by about 140 if
> you're working to a scale of 1 unit = 1 metre.
>
> Regards,
> Chris B.

Chris,
   That macro of yours is very impressive! I tweaked your code a bit by playing
with the size of the rendered event tent and fiddled with the wrinkles in the
canvas. I came out really well. :) Thanks very much for you help. I'm in awe of
how quickly and elegantly you wrote that code!
   - Cerambycideh