POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : putting on new shoes and shirts : putting on new shoes and shirts Server Time
4 May 2024 14:38:53 EDT (-0400)
  putting on new shoes and shirts
From: melo
Date: 23 Mar 2008 18:15:00
Message: <web.47e6e3b5bf444b69314b3d800@news.povray.org>
Now that I am able to bring Pow people into my scene file, other than one
parse error that I get with one of the characters.

I was ready to read up on Figure Control Files and see if I could figure out
how to put sneakers rather than ppboots.   Even with ppalf with ppstyle2,
his/her heals appeared raised as if s/he was ready to wear boots.

How could I tell her to lower her heals, via her ankle joint, or via the ball of
her ball, but then you don't have any animation control joints at the ball of
your humanoids' feet that I could tell.  May be your "FirstToeBaseJointRef"
is it?  Might you have ana anatomical diagram where you labeled each joint with
the names you used in your application?

By my cursory galance at the ppboot1.inc, I was not able to figure out how to
modify it to turn it into  a sneakers.  Even if I set the
#declare ppHeelHeight        = 0.02;
something small, I was not sure what else, how to remove the legging, etc.

I wonder the questions I know have are due to my being pretty new to POV-RAY as
well?

Any recommendations on how to put a form fitting sweatshirt, may be a latext
one, on a character?

Thanks,
Mel