POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Here is the scene file contents ann refuses to appear in : Re: Here is the scene file contents ann refuses to appear in Server Time
29 Apr 2024 19:38:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Here is the scene file contents ann refuses to appear in
From: melo
Date: 22 Mar 2008 21:15:00
Message: <web.47e5bc8f9efbe653314b3d800@news.povray.org>
Oh yes, I had forgotten to mention that in my version of ppFigure I had
commented out where the code was including the nonexistant Expression file.
So, I was not getting a parser warning any longer, it was a scaling problem,
which I could not solve, not knowing what the scaling ranges POVPerson would
like,
thanks for your pointers.

I will try your recommendation and will report back.  Well, if this ann has
high heals, I guess, I might need to try an alternative character.

See, as I learn Tai chi, I want to define poses for my POVPerson to check my
understanding of the form.

Hey, I have high hopes, the Eastern energy based medical philosophy and energy
pathways getting cleared as one moves thru the forms could be animated and
superimposed onto the POVPerson.  I am hoping that I would be able to locate
his/her key energy centers, and insert them into appropriate places within the
code.

Thanks Chris, you are a good pal.

Mel

P.S. I wonder if I could use a freebee high poly count character I found on the
internet and converted to .pov, as a skin, to your more robotic person, to
inherit its movements?  Well, never mind that poly character did not have a
head, only an anatomically acurate body, but then I discovered a paper that
talked about how to create a head only using CSG.  Still too much to do.

"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> "melo" <mel### [at] coxnet> wrote in message
> > it could be something as simple as camera and lights not being compatible
> > with
> > what PovPerson likes, however I was unable to trace it down.  could you
> > see if
> > it jumps at you?
> > Thanks,
> > Meltem
> >
> > union {
> >   object
> > {ppFigure("ppann.inc","ppstyle1.inc","smile","ppstanding.inc","ppoutfit1.inc")
> > translate <40, 0, -15> }
> >   Dojo
> >   }
> >

> As you mentioned before a file called "smile" doesn't exist, so that needs
> replacing with an expression file like "pplookstraight.inc". Otherwise it
> seems to be mainly a question of scale. The person currently only shows up
> as a dot at 640x480, but if you scale by 15 the figure shows up ok. The
> bottom of the foot is the fixed position, but this character is wearing
> heels, so you probably want to move her up by a short distance to
> compensate.
>
> So:

ppFigure("ppann.inc","ppstyle1.inc","pplookstraight.inc","ppstanding.inc","ppoutfit1.inc")