POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Camera, object, and spline animation... : Camera, object, and spline animation... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:32:01 EDT (-0400)
  Camera, object, and spline animation...
From: this is me
Date: 21 Mar 2008 23:35:00
Message: <web.47e48bf3ad72005b7e7cb4410@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I've started to play around with Chris Colefax's spline macro, and here's what
I'm trying to do, and what I've noticed:

What I've done is define a spline - no problem there - a shiny metal sphere to
look at, and a camera - again, no problems here either.  I've placed the metal
sphere 5 units in the z direction, and the camera -15 units in the z direction
(x and y for each are, of course, 0 and 0).  Then, I animate both along the
spline according to Chris' tutorial.  Note that I use different values of auto
banking for each.  My goal here is to try to get some sort of chasing effect
where the sphere wobbles a little to the left and right around corners as the
camera trails (also wobbling a little to the left and right).

What I've noticed is the sphere stays dead center in frame, for a rather boring
and unrealistic chase scene.  So, my questions are:  Is my logic right
regarding the effect of the offsets, and of not, how would one place the camera
and sphere so the sphere appears to moves off axis as it races along the spline.