POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Microsoft may have done something right... : Re: Microsoft may have done something right... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microsoft may have done something right...
From: nemesis
Date: 21 Mar 2008 00:30:00
Message: <web.47e3474359c8691adba6f83d0@news.povray.org>
Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> OK, so I know most intelligent people are tired of the MS bashing that
> goes on, but I still couldn't resist the title :)

Not everyone. :)

> 1) The project frameworks provided are incredibly robust and complete.
> Creating a new project from a template...

Incredible amounts of easy and ready-to-go templates and wizards are to be
expected from companies looking to attract developers for their platforms.

Open-source generally just provides the essential functionality and leaves it to
the user community to provide added value in the form of documentation,
tutorials, plugins and templates scattered through many websites... ;)

> 3) It "compiles" extremely quickly compared to C++.

*Anything* compiles extremely quickly compared to C++.  Just don't perform the
same.

Except, of course, if it really is a wrapper to underlying functionality written
in C/C++...