POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : comparing POV images and photos - camera attributes : Re: comparing POV images and photos - camera attributes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:27:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: comparing POV images and photos - camera attributes
From: Francesco
Date: 20 Mar 2008 05:10:00
Message: <web.47e22e21ca574d45a25a2cc00@news.povray.org>
"Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> #local AX = 31.5;
> #local AY = 24.25;
> camera {
>    location ...
>    right x*(AX/AY)
>    angle AX
>    look_at ...
> }

Thank you Tim.  I try to explain me better because I have still a doubt. The
photo camera angles were 31.5 x 24.25 and i placed it at 3 m height
(i took photos looking at the soil). Initially, in order to reproduce pov
images similar to the photos, i placed camera at 3 m from ground (<0,3,0> in
scale 1:1) setting camera angle=31.5. But i noticed i have better results if i
place camera at 15.6 m from ground setting camera angle=6 (i did not use
tan(angle), so I changed proportionally the two values). I would understand why
it happens (ok, it could also be due to my model, if it is not good it may works
better with different parameters from those of the photo camera).
camera).

Francesco