POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : With the IRTC coming back : Re: With the IRTC coming back Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: With the IRTC coming back
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 19 Mar 2008 12:00:00
Message: <web.47e145fd2a7b316a5a8888d90@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> We could make Rusty the topic for the first round.  I'll make the .INC
> files that I use for him available, and everyone can go nuts with it.
>
> What say ye?
>
> Regards,
> John

Although I quite like the Rusty character, I would hope that the topic and
description would make the actual use of existing models an option rather that
an absolute requirement.  It's just a personal idiosyncrasy of mine, but I
really prefer to submit entries that do not contain other people's models,

main point of contest/challenge type events.  It is precisely because Rusty is

him for my own entry.  With a bit of creativity, I think we can keep the charm

to use specific models and .inc files.

Here's just one idea that  popped into my head: What about companions for Rusty?

Also, (and I really don't know the answer to this) are the existing Rusty models
and macros usable by non POV-Ray entrants?

Thoughts?

Best Regards,
Mike C.