POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : comparing POV images and photos - camera attributes : comparing POV images and photos - camera attributes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  comparing POV images and photos - camera attributes
From: Francesco
Date: 18 Mar 2008 13:00:00
Message: <web.47e00274ff2f4a49383223060@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I need to compare POV images with some photos I took. The photo camera view
angles were 31.5 x 24.25 degrees. I would ask:

- perspective is the most appropriate camera type?

- in my .pov file I wrote:
  camera
{location  <0,3,0>         // i used scale 1:1 and the height of
                           // photocamera was 3 meters

angle 31.25

look_at   <0,0,0>}

and i noticed if i double camera height, halving camera angle, the generated
images are different among them. Why? Should I use up and right vectors? I used
camera location because i need to generate different images rotating the camera
location around the origin.
Thank you.

Francesco