POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : quicker render alternatives to povray : Re: quicker render alternatives to povray Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:17:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: quicker render alternatives to povray
From: Rahul
Date: 18 Mar 2008 11:30:01
Message: <web.47dfedb672535d7259eba08c0@news.povray.org>
"Rarius" <rar### [at] rariuscouk> wrote:
> I did the same, I added another 100 atoms to the scene and rendered it in
> both 3.6.1c and 3.7 beta25... My PentiumD 820 (2x2.6GHz), 2Gb RAM machine
> parses and renders this in 0.8s. and that is at +W800+H600+Q9! In 3.7 with
> both cores the image just appears, you cant even see the progression across
> the field.
>
> If this isn't fast enough for you, what machine are you running it on? A
> 386, 40MHz?
>
> Rarius

Thanks Rarius for the benchmark run. I just retimed my run and its approximately
5 secs. So that probably means there's some other thing  in my setup that I'm
messing up. (like I said its all called and glued together via a wrapper that
parses it and makes povray calls) I've a Ray Tracer Version 3.6.1. Have not
tried the beta yet. Let me get down to timing the individual parts of my code.

-Rahul