POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : quicker render alternatives to povray : Re: quicker render alternatives to povray Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: quicker render alternatives to povray
From: Rahul
Date: 17 Mar 2008 11:55:01
Message: <web.47dea25072535d7259eba08c0@news.povray.org>
Nicolas George <nicolas$george@salle-s.org> wrote:
> Do your sphere intersect?

No. They do not. None intersect.

> One possible solution would be to generate a SVG file, with radial gradients
> to simulate lightning and specular light, sorting the spheres upon the
> distance to the camera. Then let Inkscape or anything similar rasterize it.

I like the SVG idea. That's the sort of thing I was thinking about. The SVG
renderer can handle the details! I only want to give it my scene definition.
I'll look up the SVG docs now; before I've only coded 2D stuff in SVG.

> You said your POV file was itself generated: I would recommend to use the
> data that was used to generate it instead of re-parsing it.

True. I should do that. I have access to the raw data. Which is nothing but
tuples of (x,y,z, radius, color)

Sorry, its probably much easier if I post the raw pov file here. But its
intermediate output. So I need to play a bit to clean it up and isolate it.

-Rahul