POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : quicker render alternatives to povray : Re: quicker render alternatives to povray Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: quicker render alternatives to povray
From: Rahul
Date: 17 Mar 2008 11:25:01
Message: <web.47de9b4e72535d7259eba08c0@news.povray.org>
"Rarius" <rar### [at] rariuscouk> wrote:

> Might I suggest you post an example POV file to povray.binaries.scene-files
> so we can all have a play and see if we can speed it up.

Thanks Rarius! I'll post a copy sometime later today. Meanwhile I'll also try to
use your suggestions. Its not that many spheres really. I strongly suspect I've
a coding inefficiency somewhere. Probably a blunder; I'm sort of a povray
newbie.

In fact, the render time is "LARGE" only relatively. Its a few seconds really
but that becomes slow when (a) I start thinking in terms of designing a GUI (b)
when I have a string of molecular images to render in an interactive setup.

BTW, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that many other posters actually thought
raytracing might be the *fastest* option around!

-Rahul