POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : compiling unix betas under OS X 10.4 : Re: compiling unix betas under OS X 10.4 Server Time
17 May 2024 01:46:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: compiling unix betas under OS X 10.4
From: GowNam
Date: 16 Mar 2008 14:10:01
Message: <web.47dd6fc315b762012db5707f0@news.povray.org>
"Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> wrote:
> I'm trying to compile the Unix beta sources under Tiger and I've installed the
> boost libraries, the configure is detecting them, but I keep getting a
> configuration error "Could not link against boost_thread"
>
> I'm not what you would call conversant with Terminal, so if anyone could help me
> with this problem, I'd be grateful.
>
> A.D.B

Anthony,

I too am having the same issue (although not with OSX) and am looking for a
resolve for this.

I run a Phenom X4 9600 Black Edition (AMD Quad 2.3GHz Unlocked CPU) under Fedora
8 x64 (2.6.24.3-12.fc8) with all the current libraries and updates.

Povray 3.6.1 is installed (and is currently fully functional - although it only
uses a single core per session).

I know this doesn't help you in any way, but at least you can rest assured that
you are not alone with this issue :)

If anyone does know of a solution, I too would be very grateful.

Tanx!