POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC - Proposal for voting policies : Re: IRTC - Proposal for voting policies Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC - Proposal for voting policies
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 12 Mar 2008 15:05:01
Message: <web.47d8368e5c79dc2573e406e60@news.povray.org>
> Mike the Elder wrote:
> > Given the caliber of the people involved in this project, this comment is

> > the time to make it anyway.  Some of the private information that I provided to
> > the old IRTC and TC-RTC in the understanding that it would be used privately by
> > the Admins now turns up on a Google search for anyone to read. If my address
>
> Can you give me an example of this with respect to the IRTC?
>
> To my recollection the IRTC had no 'private' information in the submission
> process. I'm curious to know what it is that you say has turned up that
> should not have.
>
> -- Chris

In the case of the IRTC proper, (and this may be the result of my not having
read carefully enough) my actual first name and last name turns up in the
results and, consequently, my entries turn up in a in a Google search of my
name.  ( a fairly minimal exposure to potentially malicious activities on the
part of those so inclined I grant you)

In the case of the TC-RTC, a fairly private email address (the one which I use
for POV-Ray and other fairly serious graphics contacts... .i.e. not a "throw
away") turns up alongside my name.

Although I try not to be the "paranoid sort" with regard to life in general,
I've seen SO MUCH pettiness, vindictiveness and all around nastiness on the
Internet, that I've (reluctantly) adopted the practice of going to relative
extremes when it comes to maintaining my privacy in public forums.  I did NOT
mean to imply that the IRTC has acted irresponsibly in this regard, only to
urge those involved in setting up the new IRTC to take privacy issues
seriously.  Thanks for your concerned reply.

Best Regards,
Mike C.