POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : PovPerson refused to come into my pov scene. : Re: PovPerson refused to come into my pov scene. Server Time
3 May 2024 13:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovPerson refused to come into my pov scene.
From: melo
Date: 11 Mar 2008 23:25:01
Message: <web.47d75aa73d86ff96314b3d800@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> "melo" <mel### [at] coxnet> wrote in message
> > Hello, Chris,
> >
> > I have struggled some more with my animation, then started playing with
> > POVPerson.  I was going to follow
> > Quick reference step by step before I play with animation
> >
> > However I had not managed to go far:
> >
> > The online documentation recommends
> >
> > #include "povperson.inc"
> >
> > object
> > {ppFigure("ann.inc","style1.inc","smile","standing.inc","ppoutfit1.inc")
> > translate x*5}
> >

> Ah yes. That is wrong. The example files like 'pp00example05.pov' contain
> the later version of the syntax for the ppFigure macro, where all of the
> parameters have been removed and where you need to 'include' files and call
> macros to set specific options before calling the 'ppFigure' macro. This
> allows defaults to be used and the parameters in the example above are
> roughly the defaults.
>
> The minimum required to add a figure is therefore:
>
> #include "povperson.inc"
> ppFigure()

Thanks Chris.  I will give this a whirl.  In the meantime.  I will still try to
get the stick-figure Humanoid of my 1st try walk.  After all i had already
invested 5-6 months in it. Ickkk!

Who knows, there might be a way to export the current posed state of a skeletal
object to Moray or Bishop from which one can interactively generate coordinates
of next pose?

Always the dreamer.

Cheers,
Meltem