POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC - voting policies : Re: IRTC - voting policies Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC - voting policies
From: Nimish Ajmani
Date: 10 Mar 2008 12:30:00
Message: <web.47d56fdd32e069a8704837900@news.povray.org>
I like the idea of forcing people to leave comments.  I usually try to do this,
so as to give others a chance to see why I felt the way I did.  I remember that
once,I even forgot something in the comment, and left an anonymous comment just
to add something.

Back then, I was an amateur Ray-tracer, and was soo hoping for comments on
improving my images.  In both stills competitions I entered, I recieved one
comment.  However, Animations were kinder, in giving me about 5 comments.

I think some people don't realize that there are amateurs out there who enter
partly for fun, and partly for just trying to get better at something they
really love.  When I got no comments, I thought it was because no one cared for
such low images.  Admittingly, one did get last place, but I never got to figure
out why it did.  I deduced most of it over a years worth of developing skills.
So, yeah, I agree that comments should be highly recommended, if not forced.
Someone who takes the time to write out comments for every entry, has
definitely thought each image through, and also hopefully graded each likewise.

As for other things, points need to be something the whole world understands.  I
definitely think there needs to be a guide as to what each rating means(they
used to do that for the 1, 10, and 20 marks).  Points mean a lot about how well
an image really is, and they themself can tell a contestant what there image
really is.  So, that's why I'm supporting categories.

David, have you come to some decisions on what to do, or are you still waiting
out?